Tuesday, September 29, 2009

How sweet it is to be loved by you.

I find it crazy that in one single standard day (12 hour) that so many things can change or set in. Even within the confines of one solid minute--nay, more extreme: five seconds!--shit can change. If you don't think change can happen within the minuscule time frame, think again. Things change without your knowledge. Things change because of your knowledge. Things change, that's all we need know.

Yet how can a person sit here and think, "It is the same shit, day after day"? How can a person feel in a rut if change is inevitable and a damn near guarantee? Some changes are so gradual that we don't notice. But they started off as lightning quick changes: a cell dies. Someone blinks, averts their gaze, takes a breath, traces a cloud with their fingertips...the wind curls into unseen pockets and away we go. Change. Hang on!

Keeping change in mind, I'm changing the subject. Hah! So, Bryan applied for collector's plates for his Buick. They came in the mail today. He was looking them over when he noticed that the insignia on the envelope housing the plates read, "Wisconsin WANTS you to live! Drive safe vehicles--Safely!" Which is funny, but what you don't see is what I ended up laughing at. You see, I learned something about Wisconsin that I didn't know before. If you look at the shape of the state, you will notice a south-easterly piece of land jutting toward north Michigan.

I laughed but I wasn't laughing at what Bryan was laughing at. I pointed out the penis and giggled some more (I'm in a weird mood, all right?). Bryan pointed out that he was laughing at the words, "Wisconsin WANTS you to live!" I wasn't done. I choked out, "I didn't realize Wisconsin had a penis!" There is a moment of pause and I add, "Hey Florida IS a penis so..." Then Bryan chimed in with Maine being a penis too. Or at least the tip of one. I laughed so hard I damn near pissed myself.

I don't normally find things like this hilarious but for some odd reason, it just hit the funny bone and hit it hard. This is how we entertain ourselves, instead of watching TV. We discuss silly things and giggle at dumb shit. Isn't love grand?

No comments:

Post a Comment