Sunday, October 18, 2009

10:18 on 10/18

Today is my youngest son's birthday. He is now four years old. I can't believe it. Happy Birthday Chrissy, I love you so much!

I can remember when we brought him home, he was so strong. At one week, he was holding up his head. At one month, he was rolling over. This kid was on the move. Still, he didn't take his first steps until he was nearly a year old. That's okay, I kind of wanted him to go slow. Oh how I love my boys. I can't believe they have grown so well and so fast.

People who didn't want to be a part of my life are really missing out.

It is so cool that we ended up going to see a lecture by Max Brooks about his zombie books. He's a funny guy and truly made Christian's month. Now everyone is calling him "King Christian". Thanks Mr. Brooks, you made my son a happy boy and he loves being referred to as "Christian, King of the Living". Also, if you ever were to read these words: My oldest son loved your message and autograph in his beat up copy of The Zombie Survival Guide. You made his month and gave him his first ever "horror" collectible.

In other news: My oldest son came down with that "Swine Flu" or "H1N1" virus. He gets to miss school and for that, he is happy. My youngest had to stay over at his father's house to spare him any infection. We're all a bit uneasy, worried that we'll get this nasty bug. No one wants to be sick. My oldest boy is taking it well. He can play around and everything. He gets tired and his stomach acts up but for all intents and purposes--he's healing.

Bryan practiced drums downstairs tonight and he did it last night too. My goodness it is good to hear him play. He plays so polished. Even when he is "working out" a new tune, he makes it sound good. That's my opinion at any rate. Though others who have heard him or worked with him agree that he is a fine drummer. More than fine.

As far as the house goes, we still haven't unpacked everything. Bryan and his mom cleaned out the gutters while I traveled to California to retrieve my son. She is a wonderful woman, she really is. She gets shit on so much and has a difficult time communicating her needs and desires. It doesn't end good, sometimes. But once you get past all of that, you find a woman with a heart of gold. A wounded heart, but golden none-the-less.

My cousin, who has always been infinitely gorgeous and never knew it (and still doesn't) is not only kicking ass with taking care of six children plus a husband--she is holding down a job as well as being a derby chick. Yep, she's a roller-derby girl. How awesome is that? I wish I could see her do some acting because she was really great at it. Any plays that she was in, she just took to the spotlight as naturally as a fish to water. And everyone else thought so too. One day...maybe I'll see it again. I'm supposed to write a mini-script for her to perform but I don't know what to write for her. Honestly. My stuff isn't all that great. But who knows what will come out. She may make my piece of shit uh...piece...seem like a Masterpiece.

Well, I am tired from a day of celebration with my youngest boy. We went to Chuck E. Cheese and ate ice cream cake (which is melting in the fridge now). I really miss him tonight. But it is all to keep him healthy. I love you Christian. At 10:18 on this very special day, you will officially be four years old. When that happens, Happy Birthday. Mommy loves you so, so, so, so, so much. To the moon and back. To infinity and back. To infinity plus the moon. Forever and ever and ever and ever, with all of my heart.

mG

No comments:

Post a Comment